Monday, November 1, 2010

Region 2!


Hi everyone! My name is Sara Gant, and I am the loving caretaker of Book #67 in Onslow County! I am also the Regional Guardian for Region 2. I am so excited about the possibilities for this book. We have a large military presence in our community- Camp LeJeune military base is located in Jacksonville, NC. The book will definitely travel to Camp LeJeune! We also have the Onslow County Museum, which tells the stories and heritage of the people of Onslow. I spoke with the director of the Museum today, Lisa Whitman- Grice. We have some ideas as to how the museum can be represented in Journal #67. I also plan to pass the journal around to the art teachers in the county, so that the students of Onslow can let their voices be heard and their visual stories told. I would like to have the journal out at the March Student Art Exhibit at the Council for the Arts, and share it with Coastal Carolina Community College.

The picture above was taken as David was distributing the many books to eager art teachers at the NCAEA conference in New Bern. The boxes and the many books represent such promise and excitement, and I couldn't help but think about what 365 days in the life of these journals would bring. I am looking forward to seeing them all come together at the 2011 NCAEA conference in Charlotte, but first, I am eager to embark on the journey of sharing, collaboration, journaling and artistic discovery that this journal will lead us on!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment